Transmissions systems are very complex and with the introduction and expansion of computerized digital components in our vehicles, they’ve become an even more complicated piece of machinery. Often, drivers may not pay close attention to their transmission, until a symptom or a light pops up on the dashboard, or a smooth ride is disrupted with banging into gear, or troubling sounds come from deep within our vehicle. Here in Calgary, preventative maintenance can make all the difference when caring for your vehicle, especially with the transmission. An inspection can save major costs and inconvenience that happen due to an ignored transmission, and protect you from potentially dangerous situations.
When we at Heritage Autopro provide a transmission inspection, we start with some basic elements, then delve deeper into the areas that have raised red flags. This way we can isolate issues that are plaguing your transmission, and only work on the parts that need it.
- Transmission Fluid Check: When we do things like check your vehicle’s transmission fluid, it can tell us it needs a service or not. We will check to see if the fluid has a burned smell, has the right colour, and the levels are right.
- Computer Diagnostic: Our specialized equipment speaks to your vehicle, and as we review the history behind the codes recorded in your vehicle, we isolate issues that may already be a problem, or can cause bigger problems down the line.
- Road Test: Here we start up your vehicle, and give it a thorough inspection both while parked, and while on the road. Everything from RPM flaring, to late shifting (clutches slipping), to noises that shouldn’t be there.
- Lift Inspection (when needed): Your vehicle’s transmission connects to your vehicle in a large host of ways. Here we follow up on clues gathered from our inspection to this point, and further inspect the components that are connected to your transmissions symptoms, ranging from electronic connections to leaks in the cooler lines, to u-joints binding or squeaking.
- Pan Examination (when needed): The metal particle contents of this pan may further highlight whether the friction in the gears within your transmission need further work. All pans will have some of this material, but the amount and quality can further help us diagnose lingering issues.
Additional Services We Offer
We specialize in JDM, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Subaru, Nissan, VW, without the special inflated service pricing.
Believe it or not, you should service your car as often as the season change. We offer packages that save you money.
Trust is key, so we only tell you what needs to be fixed. You can save time & money by fixing any found issues with us.
Full Peace of Mind Warranties
We want to make sure you are always are taken care of. We know what we are doing and we stand by that promise. That’s why we guarantee everything we do. We are the experts & we want you to trust us. When things don’t go to plan you can rest assured you will be taken care of.
What Our Customers Are Saying
With over 300 satisfied customer reviews in Google between both of our locations, we are proud to share just a few.
I can't recommend NAPA Heritage Autopro enough. They take great care of me and my car. Carlos is friendly, upfront and easy to deal with. I know that he and his crew know cars and are honest in their dealings with me. I have no qualms about recommending him to my family and friends.
— Terry Melnyk
Clear communication before and during the install. All the mechanics/techs I spoke with were extremely friendly and tried to make my experience the smoothest it could be. Definite recommendation from me.
I've used Heritage Auto Pro for the last few years and just wish I had done so much earlier - it would have saved me quite some money and a lot of unnecessary extra work suggested by the other workshops...
Trust and great service are very important to me so: Thank You All at Heritage Auto Pro for taking such good care of my little Saturn!!!
I was kept up to date on the process the whole time, and my vehicle is running like new again! I have a doctor, a dentist, and now I have a mechanic - I feel like a grown up! Thanks
I went to get my front brakes and rotors replaced for my pathfinder at the end the end of June and this napa was super friendly, they set up a shuttle to drive me home and pick me up. I had to pull a trailer across the country as my fiance and I moved to Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia. We had no issues with the work and it got us across the country safely. I highly recommend this napa to get your vehicle serviced, staff is friendly and efficient!
— Luke Kakum
Getting my Firebird hot rodded. Very professional, knowledgeable and flexible throughout.
— Robert Clappison
So glad I found these guys. Wouldn't trust my car any place else. Honest and trustworthy.
— Barbara McCulley - Janke
Excellent service! They kept in touch with a progress report and every thing went according to schedule. Well done guys! Keep up the good work.
— Roman Raczkowski
They went above and beyond fixing my tire and then putting it back on for me in a snowstorm!! Very kind and fast service!
— Mindy Hamel