Transmissions systems are very complex and with the introduction and expansion of computerized digital components in our vehicles, they’ve become an even more complicated piece of machinery. Often, drivers may not pay close attention to their transmission, until a symptom or a light pops up on the dashboard, or a smooth ride is disrupted with banging into gear, or troubling sounds come from deep within our vehicle. Here in Calgary, preventative maintenance can make all the difference when caring for your vehicle, especially with the transmission. An inspection can save major costs and inconvenience that happen due to an ignored transmission, and protect you from potentially dangerous situations.
When we at Heritage Autopro provide a transmission inspection, we start with some basic elements, then delve deeper into the areas that have raised red flags. This way we can isolate issues that are plaguing your transmission, and only work on the parts that need it.
- Transmission Fluid Check: When we do things like check your vehicle’s transmission fluid, it can tell us it needs a service or not. We will check to see if the fluid has a burned smell, has the right colour, and the levels are right.
- Computer Diagnostic: Our specialized equipment speaks to your vehicle, and as we review the history behind the codes recorded in your vehicle, we isolate issues that may already be a problem, or can cause bigger problems down the line.
- Road Test: Here we start up your vehicle, and give it a thorough inspection both while parked, and while on the road. Everything from RPM flaring, to late shifting (clutches slipping), to noises that shouldn’t be there.
- Lift Inspection (when needed): Your vehicle’s transmission connects to your vehicle in a large host of ways. Here we follow up on clues gathered from our inspection to this point, and further inspect the components that are connected to your transmissions symptoms, ranging from electronic connections to leaks in the cooler lines, to u-joints binding or squeaking.
- Pan Examination (when needed): The metal particle contents of this pan may further highlight whether the friction in the gears within your transmission need further work. All pans will have some of this material, but the amount and quality can further help us diagnose lingering issues.
Additional Services We Offer
We specialize in JDM, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Subaru, Nissan, VW, without the special inflated service pricing.
Believe it or not, you should service your car as often as the season change. We offer packages that save you money.
Trust is key, so we only tell you what needs to be fixed. You can save time & money by fixing any found issues with us.
Full Peace of Mind Warranties
We want to make sure you are always are taken care of. We know what we are doing and we stand by that promise. That’s why we guarantee everything we do. We are the experts & we want you to trust us. When things don’t go to plan you can rest assured you will be taken care of.
What Our Customers Are Saying
With over 300 satisfied customer reviews in Google between both of our locations, we are proud to share just a few.
The service here is top notch, professional and customer service is second to none. Happy to recommend this shop to anyone.
— Antonella Barbario
I’ve had really good experiences getting my oil changed here. Fast, friendly and cost effective
...The team was very accommodating and got me back on the road in a timely fashion.
They communicated the issue and associated costs to me before proceeding with the repair.
They also outlined other issues that could be addressed without being pushy about repairing them right away.
I will be definitely returning for future servicing.
It's great to have such a reputable shop in the neighbourhood. Highly recommend Heritage Napa AUTOPRO to those who need some work done on their vehicle.
— C M
Overall experience, fantastic. they checked out my engine and breaks, told me exactly how much it would cost and exactly what was wrong with everything, and fixed it that day and we’re super nice and fast! 10/10 would recommend.
— Josh Caskey
This will be my mechanic going forward. They were so professional. Sent me photos of all the parts that needed repair. Explained everything to me. Didn't pressure me to get anything done. Followed up after the service to make sure everything was running well. Just a great experience from start to finish.
— Olimpia Gebka
Friendly, quick and fair price for services. Would recommend!
— Steve de Boon
Experience and service is top notch. They have a BMW trained mechanic on staff which is great! Water pump addressed, kept informed during the process. My second time back since bringing vehicle to Alberta from out of province…. They have a returning customer!
— Maureen Moul
Service was excellent and very competent. Zarya made sure to provide updates on what was happening with my repairs so I would know when I could get my car back.
— Paolo V.
Very efficient and there knowledge of cars helped us get the work done. I recommend them for anyone who needs work done.
— Kevin Miller