You may not be familiar with all of the items on your auto service centre’s menu board so let’s talk some shop! Remember, the board is there for reference; speak to your Heritage Autopro service advisor about other possible needs or services.
- Fuel system cleaning: Over time, the fuel system gets gum and varnish built up. A fuel system cleaning gets rid of that and cleans out the fuel injectors. It also saves on fuel!
- Headlamp replacement: Halogen and standard headlamps gradually fade. When one burns out, replace both so they’ll have the same brightness. Also, if your headlamp lenses are yellowed or cloudy, you can have them professionally restored to like new-condition.
- Inspections: Calgary area drivers get inspections for many reasons. Maybe they’re going on a trip or just want to make sure their vehicle’s ready for summer or winter. Maybe they just bought a used car and want to give it the once over. An inspection may reveal some things that are broken or are getting close to having a problem.
- Oil change – there are several options: Some Calgary auto centres offer just an oil change and new filter as an option. Most will also check and top off all of your other fluids and do a quick visual inspection with a full service oil change. There may also be options for upgrades to synthetic and other types of oil.
- PCV valve: PCV stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve. It’s a little part that releases pressure from the vehicle engine. It can get gummed up and that can lead to engine damage. Just needs to be changed now and then.
- Power steering service: Often overlooked. Our service advisor will evacuate the old fluid, clean out the system and replace it with clean fluid. Keeps the system running well for a long time.
- Serpentine belt: That’s the belt that powers the vehicle engine’s accessories like the alternator, air conditioner, power steering and brakes. Calgary drivers will want to replace the serpentine belt before it breaks or wears down too much, because that’ll lead to other problems.
- Shocks and struts: This starts with an inspection of the suspension components. Shocks last a long time and wear out slowly, so many drivers don’t notice when it’s time to change them. If they’re worn or leaking, they need to be replaced.
- Transmission service: This involves removing the transmission fluid and replacing it with clean fluid. It’s like an oil change for your transmission.
- Tire rotation and wheel balancing: The tires are rotated from front to back using the recommended rotation pattern. This helps tires wear more evenly. Wheels need to be balanced from time to time to keep them turning without any wobble or bounce. Helps the ride and saves tire wear.
Stop by or give us a call any time you’d like to book an appointment!
Heritage Dr SE. Location:
8304 Fairmount Dr, SE
Calgary, AB, T2J 7B4
Chinook SW Location:
203, 58 Ave. SW
Calgary, T2H 0A5